Wednesday 24 November 2010



Ace. Look at that. I worked out how to put a video on this allll by myself. It seems the people on this course are as flakey as myself as I have failed to obtain anybodies notes. This is essentially just an excellent song, but is also highly relative to our theme of science fiction, with many a reference to the genre.
Earlier today I went onto the students failsafe that is wikipedia to peruse their list of science fiction films. It turns out, that what with genre cross overs ect, the umbrella of science fiction is a lot larger then I first imagined it to be. This is no bad thing. As I sit here watching the Fifth Element, rubbing my hands together at the thought of Mila Jovovich, it has suddenly occured to me how camp and tacky alot of the films can be. I don't say this in a derogatory way at all. There is nothing quite like a bit of tack, but interpretations of the future are so touched by the era they are created in, that they never seem anything but hyperbole of the current situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment