Sunday 14 November 2010

Farewell Ivan...Hello Bill...

This weeks lecture was themed on new media, and being somewhat technologically retarded, I must admit - this was not my idea of gripping stuff. I've had 2 phones in the last 6 years, and only graced a playstation once, so alot of the content floated gracefully some 2 feet above my head. However, watching the old methods of composing a film contrasted with more recent creations was pretty interesting; things have come a long way from the early twentieth century. When cross cutting and body snatching is what youre accustomed to seeing, it looks incredibly amature and simplistic to watch something as though you are a member of a theatre auditorium.
Not only this, but the scope for consumer creationism! Mobiles are no longer just for phoning and texting! (My housebrick included!) Honestly, I've never seen anything more imaginative then a happy slapping filmed on a mobile phone, but I'm sure it exists. Many a time I have confused MP3 players and phones, and even if I can't figure out how to use them, I can appreciate their technological brilliance.
All this talk of technology, I should probably turn my laptop off. It hasn't been turned off since I arrived at Hertfordshire and I'm told that's not good...

No comments:

Post a Comment