Tuesday 14 December 2010

Apologies for the rather rude post pertaining to December 5ths post. I was thinking some more about this, and the idea of cartoon characters having the ability to defy gravity was quite an interesting one. Perhaps this is why I look at them with such distaste. I'd like to think of myself as a (wo)man of science. Facts and figures are my thaaang. Not people rushing off cliffs and continuing as if to defy gravity. IT'S NOT RIGHT! That's the beauty and the conundrum of character creation. You have to create these types of spectacle, with all the structral and aesthetical integrity as though to defy gravity etc, yet working with it.
It makes sense to me anyway....
Stop motion animation is another little gem of the modelmakers world. It's such an old, simple process, yet one that people adore, and will always come back to. Its the whole retro fandango. The best bit of Wallace and Gromit is looking for the animators thumbprints upon the models - in Thunderbirds it's seeing the strings that operate the arms and legs of the puppets. Old skooool. It's what we like.

I'm not sure whether this chap is enjoying a cheeky cigarette, or holding a cane. But hey, isn't that the beauty of it all?

No comments:

Post a Comment