Tuesday 14 December 2010

In my haste to post, I have neglected to say anything informative or interesting. So I shall try to disect my aversion to the Japanese way of animating. It's true that one tends to like the familiar and safe, which is quite possibly why I prefer the Disney visual. I grew up watching the Lion King and Snow White. The manga/anime version such an extreme extrapolation of the human form, that I find  it somewhat unsettling. The figues follow too close a formula so that they all have a similar look.  Not only this, but the lead protagonist always tends to be a little girl, which I just find a bit weird.

Maybe I'm just out of touch with new trends. The storylines are far more creative, however there's still the old failsafe moral at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment